Sunday, June 3, 2012

Discovering Riverside National Park

Today we decided to do some exploring of the great outdoors. We are surrounded by this incredible beauty of trees, mountains, wildlife, rivers, and lakes, yet we've hardly made a dent into discovering all that it offers. We learned that Riverside National Park is only about ten minutes from our front door and would offer a few trails with beautiful views. We packed a lunch and headed out. Aaron and I were quite intrigued but the girls had just about had enough of pine trees and dirt trails so after some whining and a few tears, we ate our picnic lunch under some massive evergreen trees and retreated home not long after. Baby steps, I keep reminding myself.










1 comment:

Trisha said...

These are beautiful pictures! I am finally checking out your blog. :) I've got to tell you...you inspired me to do something fun for preschool so I made a fruit gobbler. Shawn has shown me a couple times crafty things you have posted on fb. So fun!