Friday, January 18, 2008

Baby shower #2


The girls at work decided to throw a shower for me and Iris, a pregnant co-worker. Because I am the only female in my office down here, I traveled to Chicago to meet up with the other 10 or so of them. I was able to turn it into a business trip with meetings but after work, we all went to the Mambo Grill in downtown Chicago. There were 10 of us there and 4 that were unable to make it. That's it- only 14 total females in our entire company of 86 or so. We enjoyed dinner and dessert and presents. They all chipped in and purchased us several outfits, a blanket, some cups and bowls, a crib sheet and the valances for the nursery. It was great as almost all of these items were off our registries. The valances are being shipped here to the house and I am very excited to get those hung. This picture is of all of us at dinner minus one- she hadn't made it yet. Iris is sitting to my left.

No comments: