Saturday, July 24, 2010

Avery's first haircut

I took Avery for her first haircut today. It really needed to be done but I kept putting it off because I know it's one more piece of growing up. I teared up a bit but not Avery. She loved it! She got to sit in a car and watch cartoons while they did the work. They didn't do anything with the front but mainly just evened out the back. Her top layer of hair had grown an inch or more longer than her bottom layer, creating this tail-look. It had to go. It seemed so short to me at first, but it's already grown on me and now she looks like the little toddler that she is.




A "before" shot- this is from the 4th weekend and we had been outside quite a bit so it looks a little ratty, but enough to get an idea.

And "after". It doesn't lay like this neat all the time, but still flips up a bit.


1 comment:

Great Aunt Becky said...

Her hair looks so cute, she is sure growing up! I sure haven't got to spoil her like I had planned to.