Nana to the rescue

My poor husband had to drag himself to the warm and sunny state of Florida for meetings and a conference, leaving behind 2am feedings and 13 degree highs. (sigh) Don't you feel sorry for him?? Yeah, me either. Seriously, Aaron did have to travel to Florida for some meetings and a conference. We knew about this trip back in late summer so we had already planned ahead and sought out some help. I know that I could have handled both girls on my own but my first days back to work happened to fall in this time period as well. Seven days and six nights alone with a 2 year old and an 11 week old coupled with heightened emotions from returning to work seemed a bit daunting. Nana to the rescue! My mom graciously came and stayed for a majority of the time Aaron was gone and was a tremendous help! When we weren't chasing after Avery or tripping over each other in the night for Emme's feedings, we actually found a few moments to talk. Just us. Just girls. Just something we needed that we haven't been able to do in quite some time. It was nice that while I played mom to my own girls, my moma was here to look after me, too. I don't think I'll ever get too old for that.
1 comment:
I know you had a great time and I know the moments will be remembered for a long time. I would enjoy that.
Post a Comment