Sunday, May 13, 2012
Mother's Day
Being a mom is one of the most amazing journeys I've ever embarked upon. It's also the most grueling, thankless, and exhausting (note my dark circles) job. I've never experienced something so dynamic, something that can take me from happy to tears in a matter of seconds. There are days that I count down the clock until it's nap or bed time. Then there are days that I want to wake them from their slumber just so I can share something special with them like a beautiful full moon peeking over from atop the houses. I love these baby girls with every fiber of my being, more than life itself, but then I think how much more God loves them. And it's good. It brings an element of comfort and peace that I don't carry the responsibility alone. I am so far from perfect that even though I love them so much, I fail at times. I fail to show them respect or I'm quick to anger. Then I am completely humbled when I get down on my knees so I can be at their eye level and ask for forgiveness and they give it to me without a second thought. How awesome is that love they show me in return? I have learned so much from Avery and Emmersen in their short lives. Yes, Happy Mother's Day to me.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment